Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
a quick, easy breakfast, or dinner dish. QUICHE CRUST WILL BE LESS SOGGY IF PARTIALLY BAKED BEFORE FILLING IS ADDED.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Combine sausage, onion, cheese, flour, and parsley flakes and mix well and put into pie shell.
- Beat milk and eggs together and pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutesat 375 degrees.
This is sooo good!! DH and I could have eaten the whole thing for dinner, but exercised a little self control...so had the leftovers for breakfast! I sauteed my onions with the sausage and pre-baked the pie crust for 10 minutes. It was cooked perfectly and the crust was crisp. Will be making again!! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #46.
This was absolutely delicious! I added onion, red bell pepper, garlic and green onion sauted in butter instead of onion only. I also used shredded velveeta and pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar. I found this recipe after I purchased all the ingredients I thought I would need. A in my book. Oh and it was very easy to make.
Practically made itself and I just put in my request for self-washing dishes. Well, they did put a man on the moon, didn't they? Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.