Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a nice change on your basic stuffed mushroom. They're always a hit, and I found out they're good for carb watchers.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄4 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 24 medium mushrooms
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. Stem and core mushrooms. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute mushroom caps for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add sausage to the skillet breaking up meat as it cooks. When no pink shows, add wine, cheese, salt and pepper. Stuff meat into caps and bake about 8 to 10 minutes.