Recipe by Seasoned Cook
DELICIOUS! The French Fried Onions give great flavor to the potatoes and sausage in this dish. A hearty man's dish which only needs a side vegetable. You may use hot or mild sausage. Quick and easy preparation.
Top Review by cookn4mytwins
Everyone in my family thought this was a "keeper"! I followed the recipe except I layered everything once instead of multiple layers. My sauce wasn't runny at all. I baked mine in a 13x9" dish. 3 adults and 2 9-year old boys had plenty with some to spare. Thanks for posting, I will definitely make this again!
- 1 lb bulk sausage (Pork)
- 3 potatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes very thin and place in salted water. Boil until tender and drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, brown sausage and drain.
- Layer in a baking dish, one-half of potatoes, one-half of sausage, one-half cheese and one-half of french fried onions. Repeat a layer with other one-half of potatoes, sausage and cheese. (hold onions until next step is done).
- In a small bowl mix cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Top with remaining one-half of french fried onions.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes, watching carefully not to burn onions on top. Remove from oven and serve.