Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We eat a lot of pizza at our house. It is easy to make and DH's favorite. I'm always looking for new toppings... This one is from Cooking Light. December 1999.
- 2 cups presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomato chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add first 9 ingredients; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid almost evaporates. Remove mixture from heat, and set aside.
- Unroll dough, and press into a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. S.
- pread pizza sauce evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until crust is golden.
This pizza topping is delicious! I used the sauce from recipe #123274. So good! We cooked this on the grill. I will be making this often. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.