Recipe by dicentra
We eat a lot of pizza at our house. It is easy to make and DH's favorite. I'm always looking for new toppings... This one is from Cooking Light. December 1999.
Top Review by susie cooks
This pizza topping is delicious! I used the sauce from recipe #123274. So good! We cooked this on the grill. I will be making this often. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 2 cups presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomato chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add first 9 ingredients; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid almost evaporates. Remove mixture from heat, and set aside.
- Unroll dough, and press into a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. S.
- pread pizza sauce evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until crust is golden.