Recipe by rpgaymer
I got some organic curry chicken sausage from my local farmer's market, but was stumped about how to cook it. I just experimented, and this recipe is the result. I used the curry chicken sausage the first time I made this, but the second time I used an Italian-style chicken sausage, and it was good too.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I was so concentrating on finding chicken sausage that I forgot the peapods, for which I am deeply sorry. I also overlooked the fact that the recipe calls for brown rice, a good and healthy alternative, I had already chosen a vegetable pilaf to accompany this dish and not having brown rice anyway, stuck with that. All that said, this was excellent -- I chose to use some zucchini instead of the peapods, and the aforementioned pilaf. This is way of using sausage that would never have occurred to me, we loved it!!!!!!!! This is a moderate curry which could easily be made more spicy to taste, but personally I felt the level of heat just right, allowing the chicken sausage to be tasted and wow, so tasty! Thank you rpgaymer, I made and enjoyed this dish for My 3 Chefs 2013
- 453.59 g chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-2 inch strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 149.68 g pea pods
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml Madras curry powder
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 709.77 ml cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in wok over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until desired crispiness. Remove, and set aside on a paper towel.
- Melt butter in wok over medium heat, then add green onions and curry powder and stir for one minute. Blend in brown sugar, ginger and salt, and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Add carrots, and stir to coat. Stir-fry over high heat for for 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender-crisp.
- Add bell pepper, pea pods, milk, and cornstarch to wok. Mix well, cover, and lower heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until all vegetables are cooked.
- Mix in cooked sausage, and stir for 1 more minute, or until hot. Serve over brown rice.