Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
In college, my next-door neighbor used to make these for study snacks. I never could get enough of them.
- 1 lb roll pork sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) cansrefrigerator crescent roll dough
- green onion (optional)
- finely chopped mushroom (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scramble the sausage and crumble VERY well. Drain and rinse under running water to get rid of any excess grease. Wipe any grease out of the skillet and replace sausage on heat.
- Add in cream cheese and any other ingredients you might like. Stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted and the whole mixture is blended well.
- Unroll the crescents into triangles and place a small amount of filling in the center of the longest end. Roll, pinching the edges to seal in the filling and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minute Watch carefully, so they don't burn.
I cannot believe I haven't rated these yet! These are great and easy to make! I have made these several times and every time I get asked for the recipe, and when I tell people the recipe, they can't believe it is so easy! It is now a go to recipe for quick finger food / appetizers!
These were excellent! Very easy to throw together as a snack or light dinner. They were creamy and yummy, I'll definitely make these again. Made for ZWT3.
I made these for breakfast this morning, I left out the mushrooms and green onions because I did not have any. I think it was have been extra yummy with the mushrooms. :) This was a wonderful breakfast. I will defintely make this again. It was creamy and gooey inside of the cresent. Thank you!