Recipe by don2925
We have used this recipe many times and it always turns out great.
Top Review by Amy in Kansas
This is a great hit with our family. We also add a jar of jalepenos (drained) to the batter to give it a little more spice, and top the cornbread with a little more cheese during last 5 minutes of baking.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal, mix
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 Cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350 deg.
- Grease a 10 inch oven proof skillet or 2 Quart baking dish.
- In a Medium Skillet Brown the sausage and onion,drain well.
- In a large bowl combine,eggs,cornmeal mix,corn,milk, and oil.
- Pour half of the corn meal mix, mixture into the greased pan,then sprinkle with the sausage mixture and cheese, Pour remaining batter over the top of mixture in skillet.
- Bake 30-40 minutes and then let stand 10 minutes.