Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and quick comfort food.There's a hint of sweetness from the creamed corn. Great served with warm biscuits and a green salad.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pork sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Cook egg noodles according to directions on package.
- While noodles are cooking, fry pork sausage in a skillet, drain grease, add onions to pork and cook about 5 mins.or until tender.
- Add the creamed corn let simmer until heated through.
- Add egg noodles, mix well but gently. Serve.
- This is the basic recipe. Add as you like --. mushrooms, green or red pepper, anything you feel like. Also you can double the creamed corn or sausage to fit your family's preference.
This was very, very quick and easy to make and surprisingly good! I made this with 1 lb Andouille sausage, 2 cans of cream corn and about a pound of pasta. I was afraid it would be bland, but the sausage gave a nice smokiness throughout the dish, and the corn made an interesting sweet "sauce." Both my boys liked it - even the Pickiest Eater In The World (tm). Thanks!
This was not bad. A little bland...I would have to add some zing next time. I found it a little dry also...not much liquid from the corn, so the noodles were somewhat bare. Overall, simple and satisfying.
This is so different from the comfort foods that I have made, and comfort food it is. I am so surprised at how good this combination is, I would have never thought to combining corn with egg noodles! As suggested I did add mushrooms and some green pepper. Served with a green salad using homemade poppy seed dressing. I am sure fresh baked biscuits would be perfect with this skillet dish. Thank you for a recipe making for a great tasting lunch on a chilly day.