Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
From Pillsbury Quick & Easy Bake-Off. Haven't tried it yet, looks good though!!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 lb bulk sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped onions (optional) or chopped bell pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll 1 can of dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9 inch glass baking dish. Press over bottom and 1/2 inch up to form crust.
- Brown sausage with onions and bell pepper if using.
- Remove sausage from skillet and discard drippings.
- Add cream cheese to skillet. Cook over low until melted.
- Add cooked sausage, stir to coat.
- Spoon evenly over crust in baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Unroll 2nd can of dough onto cutting board, press to form a 13x9 inch rectangle. Carefully place over cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 21-26 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
EXCELLENT! I used way less cheddar, and none on the top and it still came out great. I got it off the Pillsbury web site but am so glad you posted it for easier access. I am going to try the cream cheese with chives next time! It reheats well in the microwave too. I love the new crescent creations for recipes that are like this. You just roll out and no seams! It took less than 15 minutes to get it together! Super quick and easy recipe!
I have been making these for awhile minus the onions & peppers. I add a dozen cooked scrambled eggs after the sausage mixture. My family loves this for breakfast. The oldest doesn't do breakfast but he'll always eat this. This works well halved too just use a 8 x 8 pan.