Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy, middle of the week meal. This is one of my adoptees from the Recipezaar account.
- 1⁄2 lb mild pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2⁄3 cup canned diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lb rotelle pasta
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Slice sausage into 1/4-inch thick.
- Put olive oil and chopped garlic in a skillet and turn heat to medium until garlic turns light brown.
- Add sliced sausages.
- Stir occasionally to cook evenly until brown for about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cream and turn heat back to medium.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently until cream is reduced.
- Add salt and a liberal grinding of pepper.
- Turn off the heat and stir in chopped parsley.
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- When tender, but firm to bite, drain and toss immediately with sauce.
- Serve at once with freshly grated cheese.
- NOTE: The sauce may be prepared before the pasta.
- It can be reheated when pasta is almost cooked.