Recipe by RedheadAblaze
This is a delicious recipe that my mother gave me. This is great for just about anyone!
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 0.5 (13 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb pizza dough (can be bought at some grocery stores and most pizza restaurants. Get the ready-made kind, not Boboli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten dough onto a pan into a rectangle. Don't handle the dough too much or it'll start to tear.
- Allow to warm up to room temperature.
- In a medium-sized pan, brown sausage.
- Drain well.
- Pour sausage evenly in a line in the center of the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of sausage.
- Sprinkle Italian Seasoning and Garlic Salt over the top of the sausage and cheese. (Optional).
- Pull the two longer sides together and close it up as best you can then do the same with the two smaller ends.
- Using a SMALL amount of olive oil, coat the top of the dough then sprinkle Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning over the top.
- Put the bread into the oven for 30-45 minutes. If you flick the bread and it sounds hollow, then it's done.
- Heat the sauce in a medium sauce pan with a lid on top.
- Cool, Serve and Enjoy!
- -May also be made with green peppers and onions, or any other concoction you can think of!