Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great party food or anytime food!
Make and share this Sausage Ball Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- 11 ounces red cinnamon candies
- 1 lb sausage, cooked/drained/crumbled
- 6 -8 slices bread
- 1 pint applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- Toast bread and crumble finely.
- Combine crumbs with sausage and sage.
- Form into balls about the size of golfballs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, heat applesauce and Red Hots until candy is melted completely.
- Add sauce to sausage balls and keep warm in a fondue pot or crockpot.
- Serve with toothpicks.
These may be my husbands new favorite meat dish!!!! They turned out perfect!
I could not get the sausage balls to stick together. I added milk and egg and still had trouble. I think it would work better to form the balls before you brown the sausage. The taste was super, but by the time we ate it, there were not many "balls" intact.
I made this for the superbowl party. The girls liked this more than the guys did.