- 11 ounces red cinnamon candies
- 1 lb sausage, cooked/drained/crumbled
- 6 -8 slices bread
- 1 pint applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread and crumble finely.
- Combine crumbs with sausage and sage.
- Form into balls about the size of golfballs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, heat applesauce and Red Hots until candy is melted completely.
- Add sauce to sausage balls and keep warm in a fondue pot or crockpot.
- Serve with toothpicks.