Lovely little recipe that warms the soul!
Make and share this Sausage and Peppers Rustica With Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic but it's hard to find, I just happened to have some)
- 1 large bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, or green. I used red since it's sweeter.)
- 1 medium onion (red, yellow, or white, depending on your preference, I used white)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes with garlic (I used Hunt's Fire Roasted tomatoes with garlic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used green jalapeno sauce, but depending on how much heat you like, you can use whatever you like)
- bread or bun
- 1. Combine pepper and onion with italian seasoning, olive oil, hot pepper sauce in 3 quart microwave dish and cook covered on HIGH for 3-5 minutes until veggies are tender.
- 2. Add sausages and tomatoes. Poke holes in sausages so they don't explode in microwave.
- 3. Cook covered for 7-10 minutes on HIGH, turning once to ensure they're cooked thoroughly.
- 4. Serve immediately with peppers, onions, tomatoes and the sausage (of course) in a roll or bun. ENJOY!