Recipe by Chef Leirum
Slices of Franks and Hungarian sausages with cheese sauteed with red and green bellpeppers and drizzled with MY VERY OWN Spicy Cheese Dressing.Served hot.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 50 g cheese sauce mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, for sauteeing
- 2 links Hungarian sausage with cheese
- 2 links frankfurters
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese powder, and cayenne pepper.Mix thoroughly.Adjust consistensy by adding water gradually.Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Halve the sausages lengthwise and slice each half about 1/4 inch thick.Set aside.
- Halve the bell peppers, remove the seeds and cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- In a pan, heat olive oil.Saute the sliced sausages and bell peppers.Don't overcook the peppers;it should be crunchy yet tender. Remove from heat.
- On a serving plate, arrange shredded lettuce and top with the sausages and peppers.Drizzle the dressing over and sprinkle fresh, coarse ground black pepper.Serve at once.
- Tips: You can also use other sausage varieties like German Bratwurst, garlic sausages, Blood Sausage, or whatever variety you like the most.