Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty casserole with a bread-stick crust!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage (removed from casing)
- 2 cups sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce (alfredo with sundried tomatoes, I use Classico brand)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add sausage and crumble. Saute over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add pasta sauce, water, and peas and bring to a boil.
- Pour into a pie plate.
- Unroll and separate breadsticks. Place 6 of the breadsticks across the pie plate over the sausage mixture, twisting each one and spacing evenly. Place the remaining 6 breadsticks over the first in the opposite direction, creating a lattice pattern. Trim ends if needed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
This was a nice change for me ~ don't remember the last time I used a turkey sausage in anything! I'm becoming more & more a fan of bottomless crust pies! This is VERY TASTY & takes no time at all to put together! Wonderful! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
So delicious and easy to make! It was done cooking after 15 minutes so watch carefully to see when the breadsticks start to turn brown. It is not exactly a "pie" since there's no bottom, which is good for saving fat grams but probably not the best presentation for company. A great quick weeknight meal! Made for the Photo Tag game.