Recipe by Jennifer Iadevaia
Easy, simple dish. We like this during the week when we don't have a lot of time and its so good!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
Yum, Yum and Yum!!! Served on Italian rolls with fries and a salad. Super easy and I like how the sausage gets sliced and put back on the heat...at least you don't have to guess when it is done. Thanks!
- 453.59-907.18 g sausage (about 8 links, we prefer sweet, you may use hot)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 large red pepper, sliced and chopped (or any other sweet pepper)
- olive oil
- 1 loaf Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Brown the sausage in the oil until you get a nice color on the outside and you no longer see any"pink".
- Remove the sausage and drain on a paper towel.
- Keep the heat going on the pan and add onions and peppers (do not add any additional oil).
- Cook the onions and peppers approximately 5 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
- During this time, slice the sausage down the middle, do not cut all the way through, just enough so you can open the sausage and"fan" them out.
- Add salt and pepper over the onion/pepper mixture and turn heat down to simmer.
- Place sausage on top of onions and peppers and cover.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Serve on Italian Bread.