1/5 Photos of Sausage and Bell Peppers
Jennifer Iadevaia's Note:
Easy, simple dish. We like this during the week when we don't have a lot of time and its so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- 2Brown the sausage in the oil until you get a nice color on the outside and you no longer see any"pink".
- 3Remove the sausage and drain on a paper towel.
- 4Keep the heat going on the pan and add onions and peppers (do not add any additional oil).
- 5Cook the onions and peppers approximately 5 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
- 6During this time, slice the sausage down the middle, do not cut all the way through, just enough so you can open the sausage and"fan" them out.
- 7Add salt and pepper over the onion/pepper mixture and turn heat down to simmer.
- 8Place sausage on top of onions and peppers and cover.
- 9Simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- 10Serve on Italian Bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.1
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1475.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 21.0 g