Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, simple dish. We like this during the week when we don't have a lot of time and its so good!
Make and share this Sausage and Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 lb sausage (about 8 links, we prefer sweet, you may use hot)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 large red pepper, sliced and chopped (or any other sweet pepper)
- olive oil
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Brown the sausage in the oil until you get a nice color on the outside and you no longer see any"pink".
- Remove the sausage and drain on a paper towel.
- Keep the heat going on the pan and add onions and peppers (do not add any additional oil).
- Cook the onions and peppers approximately 5 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
- During this time, slice the sausage down the middle, do not cut all the way through, just enough so you can open the sausage and"fan" them out.
- Add salt and pepper over the onion/pepper mixture and turn heat down to simmer.
- Place sausage on top of onions and peppers and cover.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Serve on Italian Bread.
Yum, Yum and Yum!!! Served on Italian rolls with fries and a salad. Super easy and I like how the sausage gets sliced and put back on the heat...at least you don't have to guess when it is done. Thanks!
Good and easy to make. I used red, orange and yellow peppers. I made this in a pan on the grill. We all enjoyed this.
We stumbled across this recipe when looking for a recipe to use up some of our aging veggies...glad we found it. The sausage we had was Aidell's habanero sausage from Costco....absolutely fantastic paired with the red peppers, they complement each other great. The best recipes are often the simplest, and this was was very very easy with few ingredients and super easy prep. We will definitely be making this regularly.