Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hearty meal for a winters night. Kids love this meal. You can add some chili powder or cayenne pepper for zing!
- Parboil the sausages.
- Cool and slice diagonally.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the sausages and chopped onion till onion is clear and sausages are lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and place in a deep casserole dish.
- Peel then cube the potato and pumpkin (the size of large dice) and place with sausages along with the baked beans, crumbled stock cube, water and tomato paste.
- Cover and bake 200 degrees C for 45 minutes.
Fabulous kid-friendly, hearty family meal. This was gobbled up by both my daughters (2 & 4). I did need to cook longer as the potatoes weren't cooked through (maybe the sort of potatoes I used?) but no trouble as I started early enough in the day. Thank you for posting a great recipe that will go straight into my kids favourtie recipes cookbook.
Delicious!! We loved this tasty casserole, I used pre cooked barbecue sausages and added a sprinkle of chipotle chili powder that I bought in a great wee shop in Arrowtown. My son seldom eats vegetables but he cleaned his plate and asked if there was anymore..an added bonus!