- 907.18 g sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, packed
- 3.69 ml caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the sauerkraut, the apples, the wine, the broth, the brown sugar, and the caraway seeds and simmer the mixture, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- The sauerkraut may be made 1 day in advance, kept covered and chilled, and reheated.