Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sauerkraut & Smoked Sausage Casserole
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch portions (or any smoked sausage)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces (add more potato if you like)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a large casserole dish with some vegetable oil.
- Evenly distribute in casserole dish the smoked sausage, potato, water, then all the dry ingredients.
- Cover dish and bake at 400 degrees for 60 minutes, or until potato is done. Check casserole a couple times during cooking and if the liquid has almost evaporated add in another cup of water.
- Remove from oven and gently toss to incorporate spices and flavors. Serve with a teaspoon of butter.
- NOTE: We like the Hillshire Farms Hardwood Smoked Chicken Sausage in this recipe but any smoked sausage will work great.