Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
So everybody in Germany likes Sauerkraut? Yes, you are right! ;-) Give it a try and you will know why. *g*
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 7 fluid ounces white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 5 ounces shredded cheese (or more, just as you like)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- Put the butter into a pan and heat, then add the onions and pepper and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste.
- Add sauerkraut an wine.
- Cover pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir now and then.
- Add sugar, pepper, salt, sour cream and creme fraiche.
- Stir well.
- In a 9x13-inch dish layer noodles and sauerkraut.
- Repeat layers, until the last layer= sauerkraut.
- Put layer of cheese on top of sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
This is a must try one the flavors blend so well together