Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on recipegoldmine.com. I was looking for this recipe that wasn't for a bread machine. Glad I found this one!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and chopped
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water. Stir until dissolved. Blend in potato flakes, brown sugar, salt, caraway seed, oil and sauerkraut. Gradually add flour to make a stiff dough. Knead on floured surface for 4 minutes. Cover and let rise in warm spot until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Punch down and shape into loaf. Place in oiled 9 x 5-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until deep golden brown.