Bread Machine Naan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Add ingredients to bread machine in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Remove bread after kneading cycle, then divide into pieces about the size of a golf ball. Roll into ball shape, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes (or until doubled).
- During second rising, heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- At grill side, roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle. Lightly oil grill. Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. (Do as many as you can fit on your grill at once.).
- If you want to use the butter and garlic, let the garlic soak in the butter and brush uncooked side with butter before turning over. Brush cooked side with butter, and cook until browned, another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill, and continue the process until all the naan has been prepared.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had a really hard time with this dough. I would say I added an extra 1 cup of flour while it was in the bread machine. The dough was still really sticky when I took it out and I had to keep flouring the balls every time I touched one. After a rise in the oven, they were quite stretchy and didn't want to roll with my rolling pin, so I justed pulled them as flat as I could get them. They did brown nicely, but were more chewy than crisp which was fine, because my husband likes chewy naan. I would say this is still a work in progress, but it's got great potential.