Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From the TVP cookbook.
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, chunks
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄2 cup tofutti sour cream or 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Soak the first 3 ingredients for 5 minutes.
- Cover and microwave on med for 5 to 10 minutes adding water or vegetable stock if needed. OR add 1 cup liquid and simmer on stove top for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the next 5 pan and bring to boil then add the cooked chunks. Remove from heat and soak overnight in refrigerator. Drain.
- Add the arrowroot, braggs and sour cream to the remaining marinade. Heat skillet and add the oil. Add TVP chunks and cook until heated through. Then stir in sauce. Cook a few more minutes. Serve on cooked noodles or rice.
- For Vegan use the Dairy free sour cream.