Recipe by GaylaV
I needed to get dinner in a hurry and this is what I came up with. This is a super easy, super fast way to get a dinner on the table in under an hour. Bonus is it tastes great. The V8 gives some veggie flavour and nutrients without all the chopping when you are in a hurry. This dish would also be great with chopped peppers if you like. We like it served over egg noodles or spaghetti but it would also be good with rice. Be sure to get the noodles cooking while the thighs and sauce simmer.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Spring PAC 2009. This was wonderful and smelled heavenly while it was cooking. Because I'm allergic to mushrooms, I replaced them with a 14.5 ounce can of diced, drained tomatoes. DH loved it and so did I. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this Gayla!
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup mushroom (thick slices)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil and butter to hot frying pan.
- When butter starts sizzling add in the chicken thighs and lightly brown on both sides at a medium to medium high temperature.
- When the thighs are browned add in the onions with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the onions start to take on colour add in the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. (and garlic if you are using fresh).
- Add the wine and give it a minute or two to pick up the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the V8 and add Italian Seasoning. (also garlic powder if you didn't use cloves).
- Bring to a light boil, put on lid and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to your preference.
- You may need to remove the lid for the last few minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Serve over noodles or spaghetti.