Saucy Drumsticks & Thighs
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 13mins
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes or 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- hot cooked rice or egg noodles
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; add chicken pieces, pushing them down into sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on LOW 6 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- This is fall-off-the-bone tender chicken after it simmers in a well-seasoned thick tomato sauce. Use all chicken thighs, if you'd prefer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!