Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. Again, pineapples and fish is a huge winner in my house. I love the flavors together! And it's a zippy microwave recipe that's great when I'm in a rush in the evenings. Hope you like it as much as we do!
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 4 white fish fillets, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- For sauce, add enough water to make juice 2/3 c liquid.
- In microwave bowl, whisk together juice mixture, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, bouillon, ginger and red pepper.
- Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes, until sauce boils and thickens, whisking after 2 minutes to prevent lumps.
- Stir in green onions, water chestnuts and pineapple; set aside.
- Arrange fish fillets in 12x8" microwave dish with thickest parts to the outside edges of dish.
- Drizzle with margarine, then sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika.
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on HIGH 5-9 minutes, rotating dish after 3 minutes.
- Fish is done when thin areas flake easily with a fork and thick areas are fork tender.
- Let fish stand 2-3 minutes; serve with pineapple sauce.