My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, shelled
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup salad oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh green beans
- 6 -8 cups field greens
- 1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 cup nut oil (hazelnut preferred)
- 1/2 cup diced vine-ripe tomato
- 2 hardboiled egg, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (chives, parsley and chervil)
- 4 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- sea salt (kosher salt can be substituted)
- ground pepper
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Toss shrimp in the juice of half of the lemon, vanila and 1 tablespoon salad oil.
- 3Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven (for 5 to 7 minutes) until shrimp turns white, tossing occasionally.
- 4Remove shrimp from oven and cool to room temperature.
- 5Blanche carrots and beans in boiling salted water for 1 minute, strain and cool to room temperature.
- 6Tear or slice field greens in thin strips.
- 7Combine vinegar, juice of other half of the lemon and shallot.
- 8Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 9For vinaigrette, combine remaining salad oil and nut oil with vinegar/lemon juice mixture, mixing well in large mixing bowl.
- 10Toss lettuce with shrimp, vegetables, egg, herbs and half of well mixed vinaigrette.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and serve.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saturday Night Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.2
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 266.0 mg
- Sodium 211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar