Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This looks incredible. Another recipe sent to me from my mother (who knows I LOOOOVE ethnic cooking!) I will be posting the katjang (spicy peanut) sauce separately. (Prep time is marinade time). This is an appetizer recipe, so the serving sizes may be small compared to what one would need for a main course.
- Combine the garlic, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mash them to a paste with the back of a spoon.
- Mix in the soy sauce, molasses and lime juice.
- Add the chicken cubes and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread it tightly, 4 or 5 pieces at a time, on small skewers (preferably Oriental wooden skewers about 6 inches (15 cm) long).
- Brush the oil evenly over the chicken.
- Cook over charcoal (traditional) or under the kitchen broiler for 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is crisp and brown.
- Serve at once, with the meat still on the skewers, accompanied by katjang sauce presented separately in a bowl.
Nice! I could really taste the flavor, even after only a couple of hours marinating. Was a bit on the salty side though, so I won't add the tsp of salt next time. Thanks! o(^o^)o
This was great. Unfortunately I could not get hold of any dark molasses so I substituted it for honey. Also I used lemon juice instead of lime juice. Everyone at my dinnerparty loved it. Thanks for posting
This recipe was too die for!!! I prepared it for a cocktail party and my friends were really impressed. I followed the directions exactly and served it with ChuckWagon's Peanut Satay sauce (thanks L. Duch!!) -- what a combo!!! Its in my foodie arsenal forever! - Chicky