Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks incredible. Another recipe sent to me from my mother (who knows I LOOOOVE ethnic cooking!) I will be posting the katjang (spicy peanut) sauce separately. (Prep time is marinade time). This is an appetizer recipe, so the serving sizes may be small compared to what one would need for a main course.
- Combine the garlic, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mash them to a paste with the back of a spoon.
- Mix in the soy sauce, molasses and lime juice.
- Add the chicken cubes and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread it tightly, 4 or 5 pieces at a time, on small skewers (preferably Oriental wooden skewers about 6 inches (15 cm) long).
- Brush the oil evenly over the chicken.
- Cook over charcoal (traditional) or under the kitchen broiler for 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is crisp and brown.
- Serve at once, with the meat still on the skewers, accompanied by katjang sauce presented separately in a bowl.