Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Make and share this Saté Sauce (The Real Thing) recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 piece galangal, grated
- 30 g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 chili peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Fry the onions, the garlic and the chili peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and fry 2 minutes more.
- Add all other ingredients and puree in the food processor, or, even better, using a pestle and mortar.
- Slowly mix in two cups of water (or a little more or less until the right consistency is reached).
- Heat the sauce and add salt to taste.