Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been making this great banana bread for a very long time. It's quick, easy and delicious. I normally add pecans to one loaf, chocolate chips to another, and then leave the third as is. But, you can add whatever you like, it's always very good! It should also be noted that this is a milk-fee recipe. For those mom's that have little people, this is often a real plus! No more sore tummies!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (I use good Mexican)
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (Can use white as well)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add mashed bananas.
- Sift in flours, baking powder and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in 3 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 40- 45 minutes.
First of all it is wonderful, full of flavor. They turned out beautifully. I made 2 large loaves and 4 mini loaves (for my neighbor). The one large loaf is gone already. I was looking for a recipe for my little dayhome girl with allergies and it is exactly what she can have. I love the fact that it makes 3 loaves and Sassy Sandra changes each one up. I left them plain and I used all purpose flour instead of both flours just because I was too lazy to go get the bag of whole wheat.The bread bakes up nice and light and tasty. Thank you Sassy Sandra its a keeper.