Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a family favourite. My sister in law Amy Paun makes it often for family gatherings, and there is never a bite left. I normally make in in the morning, let it sit a good part of the day and then serve it for dessert that evening. It's really great comfort food. Try it, your family will love it as well!
- Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch, eggs and water together.
- When the milk mixture comes to a boil, slowly pour cornstarch mixture into the boiling mixture.
- Beat continously until thick.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Layer this Cream Pie Mixture between thinly sliced bananas in the pie crusts.
- Put in fridge to set.
- (At least 1 hour) When ready to serve, put whipped cream on top.
- Enjoy, it's awsome!