Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Bengali dish that features turmeric without the other curry ingredients. Adapted from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery.
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup mustard oil (any cooking oil may be substituted)
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon hot green chili pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine mustard and turmeric with enough water to make a paste.
- Combine all ingredients in a pan.
- Cover and cook over low heat until shrimp just turn opaque, 5-10 minutes.
Another extremely easy, tasty, and quick recipe, restaurant dining in a flash. Thank you, Chocolatl, lovely, enjoyed for ZWT8. I'm amazed nobody else tried this! (yet :) )