1/2 Photos of Sarasota's Vernor's Spicy Crock Pot Pulled Pork
12 hrs 10 mins
From Michigan, and the Vernor's plant is in Flint, MI - so Vernor's was what many people drank. A great ginger ale and the only one for me. Well this was a popular dish back in the day, and honestly it was great. It is easy, spicy and great pulled pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs pork shoulder
- 3 large onions (1 thick sliced the other 2 thin sliced)
- 12 ounces vernos ginger ale
- 1 orange, cut in quarters (lightly squeezed and the rest thrown in the crock pot)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Pork -- Season your pork well with salt and pepper. Add the thick sliced onion on the bottom and then top with the pork. Then top with the thin sliced onions.
- 2Add the Vernors, cloves, bay leaves and squeeze the oranges and then throw in the pieces. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours until tender.
- 3Pull -- The pork is done. Remove and let cool slightly. Then pull apart the pork.
- 4Sauce -- A few minutes before I remove my pork, is when I start my BBQ sauce. In a small pot over medium heat add the sauce, honey, garlic, orange juice, chipoltes and about 1 cup of the Vernors broth. Bring to a light boil, reduce to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add a little more Vernors broth, not much and bring to a boil again and reduce until the sauce is rich and thick.
- 5Pork -- As the sauce cooks, pull the pork. Add your sauce to your pork and enjoy. If you don't use all your sauce. Just put in a baggie and freeze. This is great just brushed over pork chops or a tenderloin. Don't throw it out.
- 6Onions -- Don't forget about all those good onions. Scoop them out and serve on the side to serve on the sandwich.
- 7Serve -- Well you know what to do. Your favorite buns, coleslaw and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Vernor's Spicy Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.6
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 953.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 40.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: