Recipe by SarahCKS
If you're a cheese lover, this recipe is for you. It brings together all my favorite cheeses in a delightful flavor combination. These ingredient amounts aren't written in stone. Feel free to play around with the amounts. The brie wedge can be any size, really, and you can add more or less Gorgonzola, depending on how strongly or subtly flavored you want the cheese spread to be. Serve with crackers, bread or fruit.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 ounces brie cheese (wedge or small wheel)
- 2 -4 ounces gorgonzola or 2 -4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cheeses and sour cream in a food processor. Do not discard the rind of the brie. Just toss the whole wedge in, rind and all (you can break it up first with you hands to speed the processing along).
- When cheeses are processed smooth, spoon the spread into whatever dish or dishes you plan to use for serving it. Sprinkle pecans over the top surface of the cheese spread. It's ideal to refrigerate the spread a few hours prior to serving, but the spread can be eaten at any time. Serve with crackers, bread or fruit.