Recipe by Hill Family
Keep not only your eyes open for these but your stomach too ... you will need it because you will be filling it with these great cookies.
Top Review by Aly and Jack's MOM
I've made these 2 times the first time they turned out great. The 2nd time I had a little trouble with the cookie crumbling when I sliced it. I was able to patch the crumbled pieces together nicely. As you can see in the pics, the 2nd photo I added yellow M & M's on top of the choco chip eye.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening, soft
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 whole cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening. Stir in peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Mix in oats.
- Divide dough in half. Shape one half into and 8 inch long roll. Sir melted chocolate into the remaining half.
- Roll chocolate dough on waxed paper to an 8 inch square. Place 8 inch roll on chocolate dough.
- Wrap chocolate dough around it and pinch the seams together. Wrap it all in waxed paper. Chill for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut in 1/4 inch squares. Now make owls face. Pinch chocolate dough to form two ears. Use 2 chocolate chips for eyes and a cashew for the beak.
- Place on ungreased cooked sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.