Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet but intend to during the holidays. From Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. Update: I have tried this now and liked it alot. A little bit on the sweet side, and very filling.
- sugar crystals, white, preferably coarse
- 473.18 ml eggnog, chilled
- 118.29 ml brandy
- 118.29 ml Amaretto
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Dampen the rims of 4 martini glasses and then line the rims with sugar crystals.
- Combine eggnog, brandy, amaretto, nutmeg, and ice cream in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into martini glasses and garnish each glass with a whole cinnamon stick.
Ohh Yes! I feel very guilty! But I did like it! I used eggnog ice cream in place of the vanilla and topped with cinnamon. Blended all the ingredients with 12 ice cubes.
We liked this very much. Made it for some friends who came over for the other night and we all loved it. It is sweet, but I enjoyed that part of it. I did use fresh nutmeg as suggested by a previous reviewer and it turned out great. Thanks!
This was such a great drink. I'll be serving this to the adults on Christmas Eve while the children drink their hot cocoa. I suggest using fresh nutmeg as it really made the flavor pop. Also, I should note that I use low-carb egg nog AND low carb/low sugar vanilla bean ice cream. We didn't miss the sugar and calories at all.