Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice casserole to use as a side dish or to take to pot lucks.
- 1 package near east brand rice pilaf mix
- fat-free chicken broth, 1 can
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 236.59 ml canned seasoned diced tomato
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken strips, cut into 1 inch chunks, heated
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh tomato
- 248.05 g whole kernel corn
- 236.59 ml canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare rice according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of the water.
- Add cumin with contents of spice pack.
- Stir remaining five ingredients into rice mixture.
- Top with cheese; if desired.
My family LOVED this! I turned it into a skillet dinner by starting with sauteing chopped onion and celery. I used a 10 oz. can of mild Rotel for the tomatoes, and 1 c. of frozen corn. Didn't have black beans so I used a 15 oz. can of canellini beans. After stirring everything together, I added a splash of chicken stock and let it bubble a few minutes, then topped with cheddar cheese and fresh parsley. It was spicy, hearty and delicious and only needed a side of crunchy bread. Winner!!!