Recipe by HomemadeChef
This is a quick and easy recipe! Perfect for summertime! For this recipe, I love using Lambrusco, because it's really sweet so you add less to sugar and it also has a little bubbly to it to make it crisper. I hate adding sugar to cold beverages, because it never usually dissolves completely, so when I'm mixing alcoholic beverages I usually substitue Sprite or some kind of lemon lime soda for the sugar. Usually when you mix a drink you need a simple syrup AND a carbonated water (club soda, seltzer) so I kill 2 bird with one stone and use the Sprite, because then it also adds that crisp citrus flavor. Whenever I make cold alcoholic beverages,
- 1 1⁄2 liters lambrusco or 1 1⁄2 liters other sweet red wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans Sprite
- 1 large orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups mixed berries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Refrigerate wine, sprite, and brandy. (The colder it is the better, this will keep it colder longer once you serve it.).
- Freeze half of the citrus and berries. (I do this instead of adding ice cubes, because they stay colder longer than ice cubes and they don't water down your drink.).
- Mix the wine, brandy, and sprite.
- Add fruit and stir. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Add the frozen fruit and serve.