Recipe by sae2008
With this recipe I use my bread machine for mixing and kneading my dough and then I use my oven to bake the dough in a rectangular shape bread pan. If you want fluffier bread use all white flour instead of part wheat and part white.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄3 cup water, warm
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, warm
- canola oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour, wheat flour, salt and margarine into the bread machine.
- Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small separate container. Let this rest until is starts to foam.
- Combine this into the bread machine with the other ingredients, add milk. Set the bread machine for the highest capacity and let it mix and knead, scrape sides down on the bread machine occasionally if needed. If the dough is to sticky than add more flour. The dough shouldn't stick to the sides of the bread machine when it is almost done but still be sticky to the touch.
- Lightly spay a rectangular bread pan with the cooking spray.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine with floured hands. Shape into an oblong loaf and place in the bread pan.
- Lightly spray the top of the dough with cooking spray and spread this with your fingers.
- Place plastic wrap over the loaf and put in a warm place and let rise until double.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cover the bread loaf with aluminum foil and bake about 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until done. The dough will separate from the side of the loaf pan and be slightly brown on top.
- Remove from the pan and put onto a rack to cool. A knife may be needed to slide along the sides of the pan if the bread sticks slightly.
- Cool and slice.