Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This is a recipe I shared last summer, but it was a big hit so I am sharing it here today and making up a batch for my family! The ingredients were simple as were the instructions to create this dessert that will have people wondering if it is REALLY sand or not. I brought it to our family reunion last Saturday after the Walk and it was quickly gobbled up! My daughter asked if I would make it again the next day. I'm pretty sure she single handedly ate half the pail herself. ;) Seriously though, this was very quick & easy dessert to put together with a LOT of wow factor included. This is a super quick & easy summer time dessert that is sure to be the talk of the party!
Top Review by rudolphia
This recipe succeeds on two counts - it's creative and fun for summer, and it's also rich and delicious! The cream cheese mixture makes the pudding rich and satisfying, and the cool whip gives it a great texture. The cookies look just like sand and even cling together like sand. Definitely worth a try for a fun, tasty summer dessert.
- 1 (15 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Add Vanilla Wafers and 2 Oreos to your food processor and crush until they resemble sand.
- In a smaller bowl, cream together softened 8 ounce cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
- In another larger bowl, mix pudding with milk.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in all of the Cool Whip.
- Layer into bucket in this order: sand, pudding, sand, pudding, etc.
- Allow to chill in fridge at least 1 hour before serving.