Kat's Mom's Note:
We love the San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine, Florida and try to attend tastings at least once or twice a year. This is a recipe they sent in an email that they have for their Reserva white wine. *NOTE* I made this using 12 drumsticks and they took about 15 minutes to brown in a jumbo frying pan. I used a Chardonnay wine and substituted one tablespoon dried, chopped dill for the fresh dill which resulted in a flavorful but not overwhelming sauce. It was delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 2Pat chicken dry, then dredge legs, one at a time, in flour, shaking off excess. Transfer to a sheet of wax paper, arranging chicken in 1 layer.
- 3Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, skin sides down first, turning over once, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- 4Transfer chicken to a plate, then pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- 5Add shallots to skillet and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Add wine and deglaze skillet by boiling, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
- 7Add broth, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 8Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet, skin sides up, along with any juices from plate, and cook over moderate heat, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- 9Transfer chicken to a platter and boil sauce until reduced to about 1 cup and slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in dill, then pour sauce over chicken.
- 11Serve with seasonal vegetables and a glass of San Sebastian Reserva or your favorite dry white wine.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for San Sebastian Chicken in Dill Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.8
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 620.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard