- 1 lb boiled chickpeas
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
- The next day, place the soaked peas in fresh water to cover and cook until tender, about 3 hours.
- Place the chickpeas into a blender with a little water and puree.
- Put the pureed chickpeas into a skillet and add all the other ingredients.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook over medium heat until all the water is completely taken up.
- Allow filling to cool before using to fill samosas.