- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 whole lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large salmon fillet, about 2 pounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the salmon in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for a few minutes until syrupy.
- Turn oven to broil. Cover a large baking sheet with foil, it's messy.
- Place salmon on the foil and baste well with the sauce.
- Broil the salmon depending on thickness about 10-15 minutes until done.
- Baste a couple of times during cooking. If it starts to get crispy and a little bit black, that's good.