Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
OK ... we all have them, and now we can salvage those little foil packages of Soup Base that fell out on to the counter the last time we made Ramen Noodles. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked white rice (, NOT instant)
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth (canned is ok)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 1 package ramen noodle soup base
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil OR butter in a small sauce pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add the soup base and rice and stir until the powder has melted into the oil and the rice grains are completely covered.
- Add the chicken broth (or another liquid of your choice) and cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat DO NOT PEEK, and let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Serves One.