Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Entered for safe-keeping, from Kraft recipes. Substitute vanilla for allspice if you want a sweeter flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add cornmeal, baking powder and allspice. Beat until well blended.
- Add cheese and sour cream. Mix well.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Cut into 16 squares to serve.
Very good, savory and sweet bread. The appearance and texture was quite different from the Salvadoran quesadillas that I'm used to, but the flavor was spot-on. Very sweet, cheesy and had a nice hint of spice from the allspice. I used Cotija cheese instead of Parmesan, and sprinkled some sesame seeds on the batter before baking.