Entered for safe-keeping, from Kraft recipes. Substitute vanilla for allspice if you want a sweeter flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add cornmeal, baking powder and allspice. Beat until well blended.
- 5Add cheese and sour cream. Mix well.
- 6Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- 7Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool completely. Cut into 16 squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salvadoran Sweet Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g