Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can't even taste the crackers. These are so simple to make. They taste like toffee bars.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Place 40 crackers in one layer on cookie sheet.
- In saucepan on low heat, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Heat until blended. Boil 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture evenly over crackers.
- Sprinkle cracker centers with chocolate chips.
- Place in oven until chips melt.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Cut while warm.
- Store on wax paper.
just like toffee, but the salt on the crackers really makes it tasty. Super-easy, you'd never guess there were saltine crackers in there!
I just received this recipe from a family member and whipped it up. It's so fast and easy to make! Rather than cutting while warm, our copy of the recipe instructed us to put it in the fridge until cold and then broke them into bite-sized pieces, which worked out perfectly!
I made these and we loved them. I took some to a couple guys at work and they want more.