Chocolate Cracker Cookies
- Ready In:
24 or more pieces
- 30 -35 saltine crackers or 30 -35 graham crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 -1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a baking sheet with sides.
- Line prepared pan with crackers or graham wafers; cut crackers to fill the whole pan if necessary.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a heavy saucepan; continue to cook for 3 minutes more; pour over crackers.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if using.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- When chips are melted, spread over the top evenly.
- Cool slightly and break into pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>