Recipe by loveleesmile
My mom cooked us these for breakfast as kids...that is, when we were good! So rarely!
- 1⁄4 lb salt cod fish
- 1⁄4 lb flour
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 stalks scallions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak codfish in water overnight to remove excess salt. Use a sharp knife to dice, shred finely, and set aside. Chop and combine onions, garlic, scallion, hot pepper and tomatoes.
- In a skillet using a small amount of oil, fry the chopped seasoning.
- Place the codfish in a mixing bowl and add flour and cold water to make a thin batter. Add the fried seasoning and the paprika.
- Spoon the batter in the an oil heated skillet or deep fryer. Fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and keep in a dish in a warm oven until ready to serve.